I was looking through Disney movies and noticed some characters that haven’t been introduced in Once Upon a Time as of yet, so I decided to make my own dream cast of missing characters. Here are a few. I will add more later.
Let’s just keep picking Fairy Tales that could possibly become a Disney movie.
1. Felicia and the Pot of Pinks - This is a French fairy tale. We already have French Princesses, but you can’t deny the French fairy tales. I would like to have Eva Green provide the voice for this princess.
2. The She-Bear - This fairy tale brings us an Italian Princess. I believe Rachel Bilsonwould bring this character to life beautifully.
3. Maria of the Forest - A Portuguese fairy tale, which would introduce the first Portuguese Princess. Even though she isn’t of Portuguese decent, I think Jessica Simpson's soft voice and beautiful singing will be good for this princess.
4. Cunning Ileane - This shows a Romanian Princess. Just to add to her many Princess roles (Ella Enchanted & Princess Diaries) let’s have Anne Hathaway's beautiful singing voice shine through once more.
5. Tears of Pearls - I enjoy this English fairy tale. It shows that you shouldn’t lie. I love Emma Rigby's voice, and she was already a queen (Once Upon a Time), so why not let her be an English Princess?
I’ve found 4 more Fairy Tales that would be interesting to see, and I have created the princess and people I would enjoy in the role of the voice actors.
1. The Gypsy Queen - This is a Mexican fairy tale, which would give us our first Hispanic Princess. I would like Francia Raisa to be the voice actor.
2. Three Ravens - An English fairy tale about a woman doing what she must to save her 3 brothers. Since Aurora is a blonde English Princess, I went with a brunette one. Who better for this role than Emma Watson?
3. The Story of Persephone - There are so many Greek myth’s to choose from and we’ve already seen Hercules, so why not? Besides, Megara isn’t technically considered a Greek Princess to Disney even though in mythology she is. I would like Hilary Duff to be the voice actor for this one.
4. The Ugly Princess - This Spanish tale, if followed correctly, would give us a blind prince and a not so attractive Spanish Princess. My interpretation of this princess if much more attractive than the princess should be, but there is only so much you can do with a doll maker. I would like for her to be voiced by Vanessa Hudgens.
Since all these princess seem to have brown hair (of different tones), perhaps my next princess should have varying tones of red or blonde. I’ll look into that. I hope you enjoy my princesses.
Previously, I mentioned the fairy tales I believe could make good Disney movies. Then I even designed the princesses and posted the picture. But what is a Disney princess without a voice actor? Here is the list of who I think would make the princesses I continue to expand upon come to life.
The Princess and the Pea - A Swedish Princess - Voiced by Malin Akerman
The Princess Who Never Smiled - A Russian Princess - Voiced by Olesya Rulin
The Glass Mountain - A Polish Princess - Voiced by Alexis Dziena
The Egg-born Princess - A Estonian Princess - Voiced by Mena Suvari
Of the Pretty Girl and Seven Jealous Women - A Nigerian Princess - Voiced by Raven
The Story of Princess Hase - A Japanese Princess - Voiced by Yuna Ito
*Like Mulan’s voice actor matched her heritage, I think it would be nice to keep this going, even though not all will follow this want. I do have other princesses and fairy tales in mind which I will reveal at a later time, but for now I’m trying to complete these 6 fairy tales.
So, Disney is known for making fairy tales and stories come to life in animation, and there are a few we have yet to see that I would like to see in my lifetime.
1. The Princess and the Pea - It’s a Swedish tale that was written by Hans Christian Anderson after hearing it as a child. I don’t believe we have a Swedish Princess yet.
2. The Princess Who Never Smiled - A Russian tale about a King who promises his daughter to whom ever can make her smile, yet none succeeds except for an honest, poor worker. Do we have a Russian Princess?
3. The Glass Mountain - An interesting Polish tale where a lot of people die trying to get to the princess at the top of the mountain, but they are all brought back to life at the end. I believe we need a Polish Princess.
4. The Egg-born Princess - An Estonian tale, that seems similar to Thumbelina in the beginnings, but definitely has it’s own tale to tell. An Estonian Princess would be interesting to see.
5. Of the Pretty Girl and the Seven Jealous Women - A Nigerian folktale, which will need quite a bit of artistic liberties to make it a suitable Disney tale, but I think it can be done. Also, to make her a Nigerian Princess, she will need to marry the King’s (head chief) son at the end of the tale.
6. The Story of Princess Hase - A story of old Japan, so it is called. It has the Evil Queen step-mother, and many mishaps as she grows up, but the difference is her father is still in her life. A Japanese Princess from old Japanese times would be nice to develop.
That’s all I have for now. I’m sure to come up with more later. But I think these particular stories will allow for greater variety in the ethnicity of the Disney Princess’s, which is what many people would like to see. (However, I believe Disney is doing a swell job keeping to the ethnicity of the characters based on the geography of the stories being told.) It’s honestly very hard to find an African or Asian story that contains Princesses, and doesn’t contain multiple brutal killings within the tale. Hopefully, the ones I have picked can be told without the over abuse told in each of the stories.